Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Research begins

Just got the okay from the IRB at Lesley University and now my study of GOM can officially begin.  I still need to make a few changes to my consent form.  I didn't realize that filling out a questionnaire can cause stress in people, but I guess it can.  1/7 questionnaires have already been returned.  At this rate it is going to be a LONG process.  I am so glad that I began early with the initial okay from the IRB.


Already surfacing from the initial paper on GOM is the need for oral history to take a more prominent role in my research and in research in general, especially when it involves research with indigenous peoples.  Very exciting.  


While there is no school in the summer, I will be busy researching GOM, treaties, Ho-Chunk history, interviewing people and studying qualitative research methods and ways of knowing.  Summer looks to be busy and hopefully productive as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment