Sunday, April 3, 2011

Glory of the Morning: A picture of how she might have looked...

This is a picture of my grandfather Henry T. Decorah (little boy on the right without the cradle board) with his mother, Susie (woman on the right).  My great-aunt Adelia found this picture in the archives at the Wisconsin Historical Society years ago.  My grandfather was born in 1899 and so this picture was taken around 1900.  Susie is with her sister and cousin.  I love this picture!

Interesting enough, a book written by Patty Loew has this exact picture on its cover.  Hmm, I wonder how she managed that?

As I look at Susie with her sister and cousin, I see Glory of the Morning.  She is in there somewhere and I am honored to be able to research her contribution to Ho-Chunk history.

No comments:

Post a Comment