Sunday, December 26, 2010

The search continues

As with any good research I started my lit review on google > wikipedia.  This led to me several good sources all with the same origin, Wisconsin Historical Society (1917).  I found one interesting magazine article about Glory of the Morning, which states she was most certainly a leader among her people and a Chieftess.  She was the leader of the Doty Island village which is present day Neenah, Wisconsin.  Other articles refer to her as a leader, a queen with attendants and further as the only woman allowed in a council, which was convened to discuss important tribal matters.

The search continues and the reading is never dull.

1 comment:

  1. I am also searching for what I can on Glory in the Morning. My connection to her comes from my maternal grandfather's side of the family. We were always told we had Native American heritage. I am so glad to have found your blog. Feel free to reach out to me. Cindy

    ReplyDelete